Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Power of Perserverance


Today I am a student with drive, I look forward to school. I have caught a new fever, and that fever is a powerful offspring of failure. This very same month just two years ago, was a very challenging time in my life. The fear of failure constantly plagued my mind, almost to the point where anything better than failure, was a joke to me. I struggled with time management my first year of college, which led myself down a spiraling path of self destruction. When I couldn't find time to do anything other than homework, I would totally shut down and do nothing at all. I dwelled on my "lacking luster" relationship, and hurled myself into a state of isolation. A spot in my emotional and physical self being that couldn't break out of a shell.


I stayed dormit about this damaging mind, body and soul conflict with myself for too long. I have broken out of these chains and conquered some inner truth. I have learned to manage my time by writing everything down. I keep separate files for every class, and I also get things done right away. I have eliminated damaging relationships, and have been blessed with a blissful one. I have slowly gotten out of this rut. This all wouldn't have possible with out day to day challenging lessons. Concentration on truth, and what is truly good for me.


No comments: