Friday, September 12, 2008

What is My Home Style?


I'm sitting here on my couch wondering, what do should I decorate next in my apartment? What kind of style am I going for? The answer is, I don't know. I have collected so many decorations over the past few years, and I think it is starting to get a little too busy in my living space. Contemporary "Pier One" interior design has always intrigued me, but on the other hand, I have always wanted a country home. Can I combine the two without it looking in cohesive? I think the first step to a home that fits your style is to get rid of clutter. Having a rummage sale, giving decor to friends and family, or donating objects to Goodwill or Salvation Army will help. Next step would be to decide on your favorite style of home. I like to look through magazines or online at HGTV.com. Pick and choose what stands out to you in the pictures and surf the web or local stores for similar if not the same home decor. Watch the prices though! The more you save, the more you can be creative in your home.

No comments: