Thursday, September 25, 2008

A World of Many Leaves


A world of many leaves. Some are wide, that tend to glide in the summer nights fall. These leaves come and go, some tend to flow, but others tend not to fall to the snow. When the trees are bare and the weather is fare, the leaves are done with their turning. Fall has come, summer has gone... and the leaves continue whirling.

This is my very first attempt to write a poem about a season. I thought this would be totally appropriate with fall rushing in, and Oktoberfest this weekend. I am so grateful that I live in such a beautiful state, not everyone is blessed with four seasons and a wonderful landscape such as ours. Each year as I get older, I am more and more appreciative of our rolling bluffs, indigenous animals and widespread forests. I have never been so grateful in my whole life. Thank goodness for Wisconsin.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love the images and the musical quality in this poem! I hope you publish more poetry on this blog.